Dr. Mohammad A Matin is currently working at the department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Institut Teknologi Brunei (ITB), Brunei Darussalam as an Associate Professor. Before joining ITB, he was with the department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, North South University as an Associate Professor. He obtained his BSc. degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from BUET (Bangladesh), MSc degree in digital communication from Loughborough University, UK and PhD degree in wireless communication from Newcastle University, UK. He has taught several courses in communications, electronics and signal processing at KUET, Khulna University, and BRAC University during his career. Dr. Matin was a visiting academic staff at the National University of Malaysia (UKM), University of Malaya (UM) etc. He has published over 60 refereed journals and conference papers. He is the author of two academic books and three book chapters. He has presented invited talks in Bangladesh, and Malaysia and has served as a member of the program committee for more than 50 international conferences like ICCSIT'09, IDCS’09, ICCSN'10, ICCSIT'10, ICCSN’11 etc. He also serves as a referee of a few renowned journals, keynote speaker and technical session chair of few international conferences like MIC-CPE 2008, ICCIT 2008, ICMMT 2010, ICCIT 2010, IEEE GLOBECOM 2010 etc. He is currently serving as a member of editorial board of several international journals such as IET Wireless Sensor Systems (IET-WSS), Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (JECE), Hindawi Publishing Corporation, IJCTE, etc. and Guest Editor of special issue of IJCNIS. Dr. Matin is a member of IEEE, IEEE Communications Society (IEEE ComSoc), and several other international organizations. He served as a counselor of IEEE North South University (2008-2011), and secretary of IEEE Communication Society, Bangladesh Chapter (2010-2011). He has received a number of Prizes and Scholarships including the Best student prize (Loughborough University), Commonwealth Scholarship and Overseas Research Scholarship (ORS). He has been fortunate enough to work in WFS Project with Wireless Fibre Sytems Ltd, UK as an expert. His current research interests include UWB communication, wireless sensor networks, cognitive radio, EM modeling, and antenna engineering.
2.Cognitive Radio Networks
3.High Speed Wireless Communications
4.Wireless Sensor Networks
5.Ultra Wideband Communications
1. Editor-in-Chief, Brunei Darussalam Journal of Technology and Commerce
2. Member of Editorial board of IET Wireless Sensor Systems,IET UK
3. Guest Editor, Special Issue on Perception, Reaction, and Cognition in Wireless Sensor Networks, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks,2012, Hindawi Publishing Corporation http://www.hindawi.com/
4. Guest Editor, Special Issue on Recent advances on wireless networks, International Journal of Communication Networks and Information Security (IJCNIS),2010
5. Member of Editorial board of Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, USA
6. Member of Editorial board of Mediterranean Journal of Electronics and Communications, Publisher: SoftMotor Ltd, UK
7. Member of Editorial board of International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET), International Association of Computer Science & Information Technology Press. Singapore
8. Member of Editorial board of International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering (IJCTE), International Association of Computer Science & Information Technology Press. Singapore
9. Member of Editorial board of Journal of Convergence Information Technology(JCIT),Korea.
1.IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, IEEE USA.
2.IET Communications, IET UK.
3.IET Communications, IET UK.
3.IET Wireless Sensor Systems, IET UK.
4.International Journal of Communication systems, Wiley.
5.Journal of Electronics and Communications, Elsevier.
6.Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering, Elsevier.
7.Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Progress in Electromagnetic Research(PIER).
8.European transactions on telecommunications,Wiley.
Last Updated ( Saturday, 17 November 2012 12:04 )